Tuesday, 1 January 2013

A Question

Yes, indeed a question which I wonder the answer since young.

What does people that don't even understand slight Mandarin thinks about our language when they heard us, the Mandarin-speaking ones speaking Mandarin?




OR You need it in Mandarin?
很好奇当我讲华语的时候那些根本不谙华语的人觉得我的发音是怎样的...

Let's say, we heard Thais speaking Thai and my impression is kap kap kap

Well...the answer pretty much reveals after my sis told me bout it and I ROFL.

.

.

.

.


So, when they hear Asian speaking , all they get is 

Ching Chong Ling Long Ding Dong.



And then.... I ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. But I think it is more towards Chinese rather than Asian cause I found out that Korean, Japanese, Thai, Malay doesn't seem to have that much of "ng" sound behind words like how "young" is pronounced....

I try to translate that into Mandarin and it will be 青葱玲珑叮咚? Or you have any better suggestions? Lollll. 

So, I google more or youtube more to know more. 

And watch some videos. 

By Alexandra Wallace, who's the trend setter I think. =P Quite funny and the best part starting at 1:43. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (Click in to this clip to read the details about this UCLA video rant towards Asian talking loudly in library.)


Later, she apologized already if anyone would find this offensive. For more information, see here.

But then the trend starts among netizens.

By NigaHiga, starting at 1:35 the best to not waste your time.


Knew the ching chong thing only I get the joke from RyanHiga. Lolll. Like my dad says, When in Rome, do as the Romans do so maybe the same goes to when understanding in American jokes. 

Anyway, make your own judgement. Be it to be offensive or not, just chill and take it easy. I just think it's funny. So funny and informative. Maybe. Lolll =D

Bye and Happy New Year!


Updates** Link Here

No comments:

Post a Comment